Friday 15 May 2009

'nother new deck



I shelled out on a Death Dave Allen today, a new one not this one pictured.
This one is one of Dave Allens own boards that he gave to an ex-pat mate (sidvic on OMA and OKS) who now lives in America when they met up a few weeks back.

Dunno about you but I can't stand the graphics on this deck? Gotta be one of the worst I've ever seen. But can I bring myself to cover it up with stickers?

In the words of the great man himself...

"Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you"

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, graphics are fugly, but that's alright if it rides well.

    Now that I've picked up skating again and actually have a job, I've started to appreciate buying new decks, and not worrying so much about how hard I am on them. When I was a teenager shelling out 50 bucks for a deck was crazy, so I had to make the deck last for a couple years at least. Now I'm OK with the idea of just getting a new one each season. It's a pleasure thing, sure, and I like to think that I get some extra mileage out of the newness of the board.

    I've been riding Elements for the last 2 decks, and I love those. Currently on a "fiberlight" which feels like its fragile but is so-far-so-good this season.

    ReplyDelete