Sunday 12 April 2009

Alva at Guildford skatepark

As I mentioned yesterday Tony Alva came to skate at Guildford skatepark.
This place was one of, if not, my favourite place to skate.

To say it was busy that day would be a bit of an understatement.
Here's a picture taken by Gavin Clarke (of Surrey Skateboards fame) showing the crowd.



That's me with the big red arrow sticking out of my head, it was a bit tiring having that there all day. ;-)
I didn't know this photo existed until about 4-5 years ago when I was in Surrey Skateboards Gavin showed me his album of old photos and I spotted myself.




Above is a photo of the man everyone came to see in the 'Gold Bowl' taken by my dad.

I asked Alva to sign the back of my t-shirt (the Skateboard Escape one, keep up) thinking he'd write it like the logo on his decks.
He just wrote A L V A in big letters across the back, I was pissed off slightly and none of my mates that weren't there that day didn't believe that he'd done.

The shirt went into storage for about 30 years...

3 comments:

  1. I have just bought some of the Nike Blazers. Now I can ride just like Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Parkrider5/8432_l.jpg

    ReplyDelete